Claim Filing Requirements
Step one - Incur the expense
Federal rules stipulate that you cannot be reimbursed for future services through your FSA, so the first step in being reimbursed for your out-of-pocket medical and/or child care expenses is to have the services provided. Eligible expenses include things like:
- co-pays, co-insurance and deductibles
- prescription drugs
- eyeglasses, laser eye surgery and contact lenses (and solution)
- dental care, including root canals, crowns, orthodontia, etc.
- over-the-counter supplies such as Band-Aids, first aid kits, etc.
- child care services including daycare, summer day camps, before & after school care, etc.
Step two - Supporting documentation
In order to be reimbursed you are required to submit documentation that includes:
- service date(s)
- service description
- amount you are responsible for
- name of your provider
- name of the person receiving services
Your insurance Explanation of Benefit (EOB) will almost always provide all of the necessary information.
For Dependent Care FSA claims, you can simply have your provider sign the claim form, and no other documentation is required.
Step three - Submitting
Submit your claims to ASIFlex for processing and get your money back fast....sign up for direct deposit, and your money comes even quicker. You can submit your claim to ASIFlex by:
Uploading your request through ASIFlex's secure online portal.
The online portal is the fastest and easiest way to submit your claim. All that you have to do to submit your claim online is log into ASIFlex's secure portal, fill out an online claim form and upload your documentation (must be in PDF format).
- Toll-free fax: 1-877-879-9038
- Mail: PO Box 6044, Columbia, MO 65205-6044
Step four - Receive your reimbursement
Sign up for Direct Deposit to insure that your funds are sent to you quickly. If you aren't signed up for direct deposit, you will receive a check in the mail.
You can always call ASIFlex directly at 1-800-659-3035 with any questions that you have.